We all need a good night’s sleep to start the day right. However, for people with
obstructive sleep apnea in Streamwood, IL, this disorder precludes restful sleep. The dentist at Eric W Bohl DDS can help you. My dental clinic provides a variety of treatment options, depending on your individual circumstances. Call me to schedule a free consultation about sleep apnea treatment.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea is a disorder characterized by interruptions in breathing. What happens is a sufferer stops breathing many, many times during the night. These interruptions prevent this individual from getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep. You may have sleep apnea if you:
- Snore Loudly
- Stop Breathing During Sleep
- Awaken Abruptly During the Night
- Suffer Shortness of Breath, Causing You to Wake up at Night
- Experience a Dry Mouth or Sore Throat upon Awakening
- Wake up with a Headache
- Have Problems Concentrating During the Day
Testing & Treatment
Sleep apnea is more than an inconvenience. It can be associated with serious health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, and Type 2 diabetes. For these reasons alone, I recommend you talk to me about this disorder and its treatment.
Testing helps to identify if you have this disorder. One type of test is a home self-study, while another is a monitored sleep study at a medical facility. If it’s determined this is a problem for you, we can talk about treatment options, which include
- Oral Appliances—I can fit you with a device that alleviates symptoms. Many patients prefer oral appliances over a CPAP device, which can feel obtrusive.
- CPAP Machine (Continuous Positive Air Pressure)—This device works to keep the passages of your upper airway open, allowing you to sleep comfortably.
- Surgery—Other types of treatment are recommended before considering surgery to remove obstructions that cause sleep apnea.
Contact me today for treatment that alleviates the symptoms and health problems from sleep apnea. I proudly serve patients from Streamwood, Illinois, and the surrounding area.