As your family dentist at Eric W Bohl DDS, I preach education and emphasize prevention. Promoting excellent dental hygiene care in Streamwood, IL, is one of the primary focuses of my practice. You and I are a team working together to improve oral hygiene for healthy teeth and gums your whole life long.
Your Role in Good Dental Hygiene
We both play key roles in keeping your teeth free from gum disease. What can you do? A great deal, for between those semiannual dental exams and other treatment as necessary, you’re the one in charge of your oral hygiene. Here’s how you can ensure your pearly whites are as bright and beautiful as they can be:
- Brushing—Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste at least twice a day, more if you can. The most effective technique is to brush at a 45-degree angle on the outside, inside, and chewing surfaces. Replace that brush often, every three or four months. Don’t forget to brush your tongue, too.
- Flossing—Floss once a day to remove food particles that get stuck between your teeth.
- Healthy Diet—Eat a balanced diet of nutritious foods and keep the between-meal snacks to a minimum.
- Dental Visits—Schedule a checkup and cleaning to my dental clinic [link to homepage] every six months. The frequency is often enough to discover problems and offer services.
Your Dentist’s Role in Optimal Oral Hygiene
I take my duty seriously in seeing to the health of your teeth and gums. After all, this is what I’ve been doing for patients for more than 35 years. Here’s how I uphold my part of the bargain in ensuring your dental health:
- Education—I take every opportunity to educate patients. With children, I teach them how to care for their teeth to avoid cavities and maintain good oral hygiene for a lifetime. With adults, I talk about specifics, addressing the concerns you have, recommending treatment and providing care.
- Prevention—It’s my job to care for your teeth and gums now in a way that ensures their health throughout your life. Part of my job is communicating this to
- Treatment—Trust me to recommend treatment that looks after your immediate and long-term dental health. At my practice, I offer services that solve your dental problems.
Contact me today to learn more about ways to improve your dental health.
I proudly serve patients from Streamwood, Illinois, and the surrounding area.